Experienced Rates Trader Associate/VP, San Francisco
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Aug 17
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock’s Fixed Income team manages more than $1 trillion in global fixed income assets across index, active long-only, alternative, and liability driven strategies. The platform offers fixed income investors one of the industry's broadest array of investment choices across model-based and fundamental investment styles.
The Fixed Income team is seeking an experienced trader that will support the Global Rates team for its investment activities in San Francisco.
- Provide ‘best execution’ across interest rate derivatives with a broader focus on other rates products for all BlackRock’s internal businesses.
- Manage orders and trade flow in a logical risk controlled manner with a high sensitivity to fiduciary responsibilities
- Monitor market activity in areas of specialization and provide feedback to portfolio managers
- Supporting investment teams in terms of information flow, trade ideas, data requests
- Dealing with day-to-day administrative issues in support of trading activities and liaison with trading operations
- Pro-actively contribute to the investment process to both reduce transaction costs and identify alpha opportunities.
- Ad hoc project work
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to complete the CFA qualification.
- Able to cooperate within a broad absolute return framework versus a narrow benchmark orientation
- Strong intellectual capacity and analytical mindset
- Highly motivated; self-starter
- At least 3-5 years of experience with Interest rate derivatives and cash products
- Degree(s) in relevant subject such as economics, mathematics, engineering, physical science.
- Strong understanding of bond mathematics, credit risk factors and implications for risk management
- Demonstrated interest in global capital markets, specifically with reference to Fixed Income products
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners and stakeholders
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to market challenges
- Excellent analytical skills applied in a practical environment
- Well organized, disciplined approach to work with a high level of attention to detail
- Highly computer literate, with advanced spreadsheet based skills (Advanced Excel, VBA, MatLab)
- Strong work ethic with high level of self-motivation
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.