- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Aug 17
Supervisor, Accounting (1 year contract)
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
The Supervisor, Accounting works under the direction of their immediate manager to ensure accurate financial statements .
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly close so that all financial reporting deadlines and control policies are met.
- Oversees offshore accounting in India, to ensure deliverables are consistent with Moody's policies and MGAP.
- Reviews accounting entries, reconciliations and analyses based on Moody's controls and US & local GAAP.
- Liaises with other departments to discuss accounting transactions.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine accounting transactions.
- Proactively performs ad-hoc account analyses and raises issues on a timely basis.
- Researches and prepares analyses for management inquiries (i.e. fluctuation variances, build-ups, aging, process flows, etc).
- Applies accounting judgment when reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, contracts, new accounting pronouncements, and account analyses; detailed review with direct manager.
- Identifies and assists in the resolution of operational accounting issues through regular and special analysis to ensure proper accounting.
- Assists in the identification, research and resolution of technical accounting issues.
- Responsible for the timely execution and completion of ad-hoc projects
- Reviews or prepares supporting documentation and account analyses for internal and external audits.
- Reviews/prepares external reports and assists in filings.
- Strong knowledge of US & Local GAAP, internal control policies and Moody's Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures.
- Monitors staff utilization.
- Supervises personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism and performance issues
- Works with their direct manager to establish and monitor staff's annual goals and objectives.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Accounting (or equivalent).
- Relevant accounting experience (preferably in a large multi-national company or in a major accounting firm).
- Experience reviewing entries and month end closes.
- ACA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent part qualified/qualified is preferable.
- Advance knowledge of local reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of a major financial system (preferably Peoplesoft or Oracle)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.