Product Controller - Derivatives
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 22 Aug 17
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Markets Operations is responsible for driving every part of the trade lifecycle post execution. Its global teams manage settlement activity, risk and control, while ensuring the delivery of regulatory compliance and seamless operational client service across 60 countries.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Markets Operations team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
- Perform intraday and end-of day revaluations at book/portfolio level prior to the batch process to provide a final check on data quality for downstream consumers.
- Review PV and Risk impact on portfolio movements, new deals, life-cycle events, cancel and amends.
- Compare end of day P&L with trader-produced numbers, highlighting differences and taking necessary corrective action to remediate.
- Perform periodic intraday checks to ensure trade and market data quality, completion of life-cycle events, and accurate trade capture, working with the Front Office on cut-off times.
- Perform daily checks of internal trades between trade systems.
- Advise end users of data (Product Control, Traded Risk) of late or heldover trades and any known issues outstanding at the end of day.
- Perform detailed root cause analysis on trade amendments. Provide management with analysis reports. Work with various stakeholders to help drive reduction in amendments.
- Review market data for quality and accuracy of the data (identifying stale, incorrect and missing data), ensuring identified errors are corrected prior to the end of day.
- Work with Global Data Services (GDS) to support efforts to improve the quality of daily market data feeds and data sources.
- Support global efforts to document and maintain product booking models and procedures.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Detailed understanding of derivatives P&L and Risk (such as market risk, sensitivities, liquidity, interest rate and FX risk) and the ability to understand and explain movements in both.
- Knowledge of financial processing systems and accounting.
- Excellent analytical and PC skills, as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to operate autonomously without direct supervision, and to analyze and make decisions quickly in the event of a problem.
- Seasoned written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact effectively with senior operational and trading management.
- Ability to manage a network of diverse stakeholders in person and remotely.
- Ability to quickly grasp new industry practices and create/document new processes.
- Proactive thought leadership to identify and deliver process improvements and efficiencies.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in financial or related field, or equivalent experience.
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 00009CXE.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.