- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- MW Recruitment
- 23 Jun 17
Process Lead We have an opportunity within the Process Management Team of a leading investment bank.
We have an opportunity within the Process Management Team of a leading investment bank.
- Understanding and interpreting existing business process and future requirement
- Creating usable and re-usable business models in the Enterprise Process Management Tool in partnership with Process Modellers
- Creating, validating, refining and expanding the model (where appropriate)
- Managing the process architecture departmental areas of process responsibility
- Ensuring development and application of the department's elements of the Enterprise Process
- Model through any project lifecycles in partnership with Process Modellers
- Detailing the model from Process to task and procedures into training materials
- Planning, execution and delivery of workshops (including documentation and communication of outputs)
- Contributing to delivering the Departmental process objectives
Skills & Qualifications:
- Process expertise, experience of creating, analysing and maintaining business process models in a standard modelling tool
- Ability to discover and analyse complex process flows within a defined process architecture applying a standard notation
- Performance and productivity oriented to drive quality Programme performance and delivery
- Experience of implementing process improvement across a global business
- Proven experience with Risk Management and/or Control policies and procedures
- Previous experience working effectively in globally diverse teams and matrixed organisations Ability to run Process Discovery workshops with process performers and play back findings to senior members of staff (including gap analysis of requirements versus current capabilities) Good working knowledge of Legal and/or Compliance process
- Enthusiastic, personable and articulate with excellent written and spoken English
- Previous experience and understanding of working with different cultures and time zones
- A reliable, self-starter who uses initiative to solve problems and drive collaborative change and constantly looks to improve the quality and output of the team's service delivery
- Excellent presentation and workshop skills with detailed and accurate output which will set the standards for our customers
- Proactive, motivated and commercial with the ability to work with limited direction
- Lean and/or Six Sigma Process experience (beneficial)
- Consultancy background (beneficial)
- Previous work experience in a Compliance, Operational Risk or other 2nd line control function within a global/universal Bank (beneficial)
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level (or equivalent qualification/work experience)
This is an excellent role with a leading investment bank in the process of growing their transformation team.
This is a PERMENANT role and please only apply if you are seeking a permenant opportunity.