- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Aug 17
Manager - Analytic Data
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Analytic Data Management team consists of a diverse set of Financial Data Analysts (FDAs) supporting Banking, Insurance, Corporate Finance, Sovereign, Public Finance and Structured Finance Lines of Business. The team is located in, London, New York, Hong Kong, and Tokyo in order to support Analysts based in EMEA, the AMERICAS and ASIA PACIFIC. FDAs contribute towards the financial analysis part of the rating process which has a significant impact on any given rating. Their review process involves sourcing the financial statements, co-ordinating with the outsourcer with regards to spreading the data into internal templates, reviewing and performing accounting adjustments to the financial data as per analyst & region specific requirements.
Supervise a diverse and ambitious team of Financial Data Analysts (FDAs) responsible for capturing and presenting critical financial data for the Banking Line of Business within our London centre of operations. Understand financial data and be able to analyze issues and challenges in order to develop and implement solutions. Work with management in cross functional teams and lead special projects including database development, data quality and process improvements and initiatives.
- Develop and manage a team of FDAs based in London, supporting Banking Ratings Analysts in multiple countries, in day-to-day operations of the group according to agreed service levels covering data timeliness and quality goals
- Project manage process improvements and lead special projects on-time
- Create and maintain analyses and reports to keep management informed of projects and performance
- Recognize process improvement opportunities and provide and implement solution recommendations
- Develop subject matter expertise in relevant accounting principles for Banking
- Work closely with Managers within the team to help support other Lines of Business where required
MIS - ODC - London
- Experience in managing a team is essential including full cycle appraisals, performance management, mentoring and developing team members
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar field
- MBA, CFA or other advanced degree is desirable
- Knowledge of Banking accounting and/or financial statement analysis is preferred
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively with senior management
- Basic operational and/or process knowledge and capacity planning
- Experience structuring and organizing complex projects with successful implementation and project management
- Computer literate with a strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- SharePoint and/or BI tools
- Excellent communication, organizational and administrative skills
- Project management
- Customer focus
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task
- Fluency in English. Additional European languages would be an advantage
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.