Internal Auditor - Company Admin - Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Aug 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the Firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm’s internal controls using a risk based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the Firm’s compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the Firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements.
Internal Audit comprises Business, Risk and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application
controls supporting business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analysing and testing the controls to protect the franchise. The IS Audit team is part of the Morgan Stanley European Internal Audit Department that provides financial and systems audit support throughout Europe.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an auditor to join the Legal, Compliance, Company Admin and HR audit team covering all businesses in EMEA. The person in the role will assist the Internal Audit department’s Legal, Compliance, Company Admin and HR audit team in completing its annual audit plan, communicating to senior management and providing recommendations for improvements.
Reporting to a Portfolio Manager in EMEA, the auditor’s responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the preparation of audit planning memoranda.
- Perform detailed Excel based analysis of operational and financial related data to recognise patterns and trends with risk and control implications
- Identifying and evaluating key risks and contributing to establishing audit scope.
- Leading walkthrough meetings and discussions with the purpose of developing audit test programs and identifying control issues.
- Executing audits in line with audit test programs and within time budgets and leading certain aspects of audits/reviews.
- Appropriately assessing potential findings for significance.
- Drafting audit reports; writing clear and concise findings
- Communicating audit findings to the Internal Audit lead auditor and client management; assist with negotiating finalization of issues with senior client management.
- Track implementation of recommended processes designed to strengthen internal controls.
- Developing solid working relationship with clients.
- Experience in Investment Banking is essential.
- University degree (or equivalent) and ACA OR CPA required.
- Big 4 experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to process information quickly.
- Motivated and a self-starter
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work globally and across teams
- Proven ability to manage projects.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
The salary for this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 22/08/2017.