Hedge Fund Product Controller
London, England, United Kingdom
We are currently recruiting for a Product Control role for a large investment manager based in London. You would be joining a growing team, assisting Asset Managers and highlighting potential operational and valuations issue. This position has been created by an expansion of the desk is an ideal role for a product controller looking to make their first move into the buy side.
- Review and analyse fund profit and loss accounts on a daily basis and report performance to the Asset Manager
- Calculate Net Asset Value (NAV) of funds on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and check accrued income and expenses.
- Review foreign exchange exposures and report to the asset managers, highlighting any hedging requirements
- Review reconciliations between custodians, prime brokers and fund management system and arrange investigation and correction of breaking items
- Ensure the quality and effectiveness of the pricing governance and controls are maintained through identification and mitigation of pricing risks and the communication and documentation of any enhancements to the framework
- Apply technical understanding to securities pricing across the business
- Review existing systems / processes / procedures and MIS to identify areas of possible improvement
- Represent the team on strategic projects such as trading system enhancements and regulatory change
- Support new business, transitions and migration projects
Must have these Key Requirements:
- Strong mathematical academic background – minimum 2:1 degree is essential
- Qualified Accountant
- Product Control background
- Extensive knowledge of Derivatives – Equity is preferred but Credit or Rates will be considered
- Strong control mind set
It is essential you have strong interpersonal skills and you will be working closely with key stakeholders including traders on a daily basis. This role offers strong prospects for career progression including the opportunity to move across the hedge fund as it continues to grow and supporting new business, transitions and migration projects.
If you are obtaining these skills, please email your CV to: