- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Aug 17
Financial Data Associate
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Role
As a Financial Data Associate, you will provide and coordinate a comprehensive business administration service to management and rating analysts within the designated Line of Business (LOB). The successful candidate will be responsible for all administrative work related to a subset of deals which includes:.
- Interpret bond documentation, review and accurately interpret lengthy and often complicated legal and financial language, liaise with clients to obtain appropriate documentation or resolve issues.
- Support new deal set-up, data capture (e.g., amendments), lifecycle data maintenance, data quality assurance and tracking support to the rating analysts within the designated Line of Business (LOB)
- Performs administrative tasks including but not limited: to data queue management, document request, prepare rating action, publishing ratings, and disclosures consistent with regulatory requirements, internal policies and guidelines for designated LOB support.
- Monitors designated mailboxes to ensure timely and effective handling of internal and external client requests. Organizes work to meet deadlines and time sensitive requests/projects.
- Facilitates resolution to technical issues and/or more complex external inquiries with supervision by Senior Financial Data Associate/Specialist/Team Leader
- Demonstrates the ability to deal professionally with clients. Delivers high level of service across high volume of transactions.
- Promptly and efficiently escalates conflicts/problems/database/data inconsistency
- Able to identify and research issues and/or discrepancies with data and/or requests for follow up with the analyst.
- Resolves basic client inquiries (both internal and external clients)
- Demonstrates increasing awareness of procedures, guidelines and regulatory requirements as it pertains to their job function by asking relevant questions.
- Liaison with Rating Teams and other Moody's departments (Commercial, Information Technology, etc.) as required
- Provide back-up coverage for designated associate in the event of absence and holidays to ensure seamless delivery
- Willing to accept new challenges
- Demonstrates flexibility with last minute changes in commitments and deadlines
- Contributes positively to the team even under pressure or when performing routine and/or administrative tasks.
- Places interest of the team above individual self-interest
- Continue to develop broad based knowledge of financial instruments, terminology, and related business practices
The Rating Transaction Services (RTS) provides transaction management support, workflow coordination, rating desk services and other broad operational support to Moody's Investors Service Rating teams. The department works closely with the lines of business to improve both business process and data quality across the rating lifecycle. The RTS has over 100 employees in 5 countries and is a key player in business process development, new company wide initiatives and technology projects.
Experience / Skills:
- Some work experience and/or relevant internship experience
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (E.g. Bachelor's degree)
- Fluency in English is essential along with prior experience reviewing financial and/or legal documentation
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete repetitive process with no error
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business concepts to a senior audience.
- Highly organized and efficient
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.)
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and assume customer satisfaction.
- Strong interpersonal skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.