Audit and Risk Regulatory Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Deutsche Bank
- 15 Aug 17
As an Audit and Risk Regulatory Specialist you'll report to ERM's Chief Operating Officer.
Audit and Risk Regulatory Specialist
As a leading global bank with roots in Germany, we're driving change and innovation in the industry - championing integrity, sustainable performance and innovation with our clients, and redefining our culture and relationships with each other. With operations in over 70 countries, we encourage our people to think for themselves and reward integrity. Our large but focused footprint gives us a strong position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We offer clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services. So if you're talented, collaborative and curious about building an exciting career in finance, you're exactly the type of person who might succeed in our organisation.
The Risk division has a fundamental responsibility to protect the Bank. With group-wide responsibility for the management and control of credit, market, operational and reputational risks, we have a unique vantage point which allows us a holistic view of our businesses and our clients. Nearly 4,000 employees work together to achieve our ambition to be an industry-leading risk management organisation.
In an increasingly complex environment, risk management is fast-becoming the most sought after place to build a career within the banking world. Risk at Deutsche Bank is relied upon to help shape the strategy of the organisation and the wider industry agenda.
The Control, Audit and Regulatory Specialist will be primarily responsible for supporting the day-to-day management and coordination of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM's) regulatory and control commitments and issues, and implementing internal processes to ensure effective regulatory and control management across ERM.
As an Audit and Risk Regulatory Specialist you'll report to ERM's Chief Operating Officer whose team ensures that ERM's organisational strategy is developed, maintained and implemented, supported by the people, process and infrastructure required in a cost effective and controlled way. ERM COO delivers lean functional management and meets ERM's internal and external commitments in improving the Bank's control environment.
- Tracking, reviewing and reporting ERM regulatory & control findings (e.g. audit findings, self-identified issues, regulatory commitments) on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring remediation plans meet requirements, are transparent to management and are adequately covered in ERM's objectives and book of work
- Providing initial review and challenge for all ERM finding closure and extension requests.
- Delivering routine management information on ERM's regulatory and control profile, presenting risk-based information of key issues for management attention and action
- Managing ERM's relationship with Audit and other internal control functions
- Providing primary support for ERM functions in terms of finding management (e.g. templates and guidance on closure process and governance requirements) and technical support
- Supporting other cyclical risk & control tasks (e.g. Information Security, Business Continuity Management)
- Leading control and regulatory self-assessments and support remediation efforts
- Supporting routine self-assessment activities on behalf of ERM (e.g. non-financial risk and control assessments), and ad-hoc assessments in preparation for or response to specific events
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong stakeholder engagement and partnering skills in developing and agreeing solutions
- Ideally an Audit, Operational Risk and/or Regulatory Management background
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to convey complex conceptual information and ideas on issues requiring interpretation and opinion
- A robust understanding of Regulatory and Compliance requirements expected of a systematically important Bank, the Bank's operations and the various Risk disciplines
- Strong analytical skills you can deploy in finding solutions to problems and identifying, then delivering on, opportunities
- Ability to work with incomplete and inconsistent data to provide rational and consistent recommendations
- Ability to analyse and propose improvements and solutions within one's own processes
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by Resource Solutions based on site at Deutsche Bank.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.