- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Aug 17
ABOUT BURBERRY BUSINESS SERVICES Burberry is opening a brand new Shared Service Centre - Burberry Business Services, based in Leeds at their stunning new premises in the heart of the City Centre. This Centre of Excellence will be an extension of their Head Office in London and house core functions; HR, Finance, Procurement, Customer Services and I.T. helpdesk.
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
Accountant is responsible for execution of specified Record to Report ("RTR") Opex team tasks within the Finance function in the BBS in accordance with agreed service level agreements and key performance indicators.
- Preparation and execution of Opex transactions
- Reconciliation of Opex balances
- Preparation of Opex reports
- Month end processes:
- Journal preparation and execution
- Agreement of intercompany positions
- Preparation and submission of Opex reports
- Reconciliation and confirmation of specific balance sheet accounts including sub-ledger accounts
- Completion of half year and year end additional financial information
- Preparation of analyses and support for internal and external audit requirements, liaising with the auditors and colleagues across the business as required
- Responding to a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis
- Reviewing the work of Junior Accountants
- Ensuring compliance with the Group Policies, including operating of internal controls over financial reporting
- Participation in migration of accounting processes to BBS and support migration of other functions (e.g. PTP, OTC, Procurement, Customer Services, HR).
- Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
- Apply understanding of assigned accounting processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures
- Work closely with the process owners, colleagues and managers to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions
- Proactively seeks feedback from fellow team members and other internal and external customers, and uses this to inform future delivery of services.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field is required.
- Professional accounting qualification is required e.g. ACA, CA, ACCA or CIMA
- At least 3 years of relevant accounting experience. Experience in operating expenses accounting is required.
- SAP and fashion retail industry experience preferred.
- Strong technical background with experience in a FTSE company applying IFRS is required. Worked within a multicurrency environment, analysing and understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates in all areas of income statement.
- Experience of BPC, and advanced excel skills, an advantage.
- Must be able to fully grasp the broader issues and provide functional guidance to those reporting to them, rather than rely on their own technical skill set. Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes.
- Can provide examples of getting the best out of people, including during demanding and unsettling periods of change.
- Has track record and appetite for delivering continuous improvement. Able to generate commitment to change amongst own team.
- Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
OPPORTUNITIES AT BURBERRY BUSINESS SERVICES
If you do not wish to apply for a specific role but would like to register your interest please click on the following link: https://rsbb.avature.net/talentcommunity
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.