Payroll Accountant Associate
- Not Specified
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Aug 17
Business Unit Overview: A qualified accountant (ACCA or equivalent) is required to join the Payroll Accounting team in Edinburgh. The Payroll Accounting team is part of the global Compensation Accounting team responsible for recording over half of BlackRock’s cost base. The primary objective of
Business Unit Overview:
A qualified accountant (ACCA or equivalent) is required to join the Payroll Accounting team in Edinburgh. The Payroll Accounting team is part of the global Compensation Accounting team responsible for recording over half of BlackRock’s cost base. The primary objective of Compensation Accounting is to record all items related to Compensation and Benefits in the financial records of BlackRock.
The Payroll Accounting team has a global remit and comprises of 3 team members. The main purpose of this role is to bridge the gap between the Finance compensation accounting function and the HR payroll function globally. The key tasks of this role will be ensuring the correct recording of payroll transactions in the general ledger and undertaking related balance sheet reconciliations. The Payroll Accounting team is a sub-set of Compensation Accounting and sits within the Controllers function in BlackRock Finance.
- Responsibility for posting of EMEA & Americas payroll related journals.
- Responsibility for preparing payroll clearing account reconciliations on a monthly basis including the EMEA and Lat Am regions.
- Researching reconciliation break items on key balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Reporting through metrics progress / status of key balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Run regular trend reports and maintain trackers at month end to ensure salary expense is recorded in the g/l accurately and follow up significant variances with payroll.
- Provide commentary on significant variances for group reporting and local entity controllers.
- Record quarterly secondment recharges as defined by the recharge agreements.
- Liaise and answer queries from auditors and internal customers as required.
- Assist where required with project related deliverables surrounding implementation of new payroll systems.
- Other ad hoc duties and monthly tasks as assigned.
- Project management and process improvement experience
- Opportunity to make a difference and have high impact on key stakeholders such as BlackRock Finance
- Collaboration with internal partners located across the globe within a multinational organization.
- Ability to challenge the status quo in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong drive to improve processes to work more efficiently
- Prior experience liaising with other groups and teams including external auditors
- Experience in financial services or equivalent large corporations
- Strong task management and organizational skills
- ACCA/CIMA qualified or qualified by experience
- At least a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an accounting related role.
- Ability to manage external vendors to achieve tight monthly deadlines.
- Strong excel and data manipulation skills (including the use of pivots and formulas).
- Prior use of general ledger systems such as Oracle or HFM desirable.
- Possess a strong internal drive and motivation for continuous improvement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities successfully within a deadline-driven global environment
- Self-starter, highly numerate, quick learner, team player
- Ability to partner with external vendors and internal stakeholders to achieve tight monthly deadlines