Business Development Manager Zurich
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Western Union
- 23 Aug 17
Are you passionate about developing new relationships, identifying opportunities and offering solutions? Do you want to work for a global international payments and risk management company in the largest and most liquid market in the world, growing the business in an industry at the forefront of digital innovation?
We’re seeking a Business Development Manager, working from our Zurich Office
As a Business Development Manager at Western Union, you will be responsible for developing leads into clients. Your customers will be a mix of SME’s clients who are importers/exporters and have a foreign exchange exposure originating from their international payments. These clients may be highly transactional or have simple/complex hedging requirements.
For this job, you'll need to be a sales person of the hunter variety. By this we mean that you are happiest when you're working with potential clients rather than existing ones; uncovering opportunities, helping to shape that first deal or opening up a whole new vertical for us.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
·Engage with financial professionals (CFO, Treasurer, Controller) within commercial businesses to understand their business payment needs both domestically and internationally, as well as currency hedging needs and present tailored WUBS solutions accordingly.
· Proactively seek new business opportunities to ensure that daily/monthly sales targets are achieved to meet company expectations through self-generated leads.
· Negotiate with customers in relation to fees, products and services.
· Control and maintain weekly and monthly forecasts of revenue from own portfolio clients
· Maintain up-to-date prospects and sales activity using Customer Relationship Management system
· Maintain strong relationships with the Corporate Dealing Team, Back Office Operations and Business Support to help nurture and sustain new business opportunities.
What you will need to succeed:
• You’ll be industrious and results-oriented, where you want to be measured by your output rather than your input.
• Your proven B2B sales experience into SME’s is essential. If you have experience in financial services or FX that would be advantageous, but most importantly is you strive for excellence, have high integrity and a customer centric mind-set.
• You will have a consultative approach to selling. We're not slinging product; we help our clients manage their FX exposure and grow their business.
• You'll already be comfortable dealing with senior managers and business owners, we can teach you the industry knowledge and Western Union ways.
What’s in it for you?
· An attractive base salary is on offer depending on skills and experience and a comprehensive benefits package. As a member of our team you will be also be involved in our global employee recognition programme.
· Ongoing learning and career development opportunities.
· An interesting multicultural working environment with the ability to collaborate and link across borders with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business supported by cutting edge technology and systems.
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference…on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next ground-breaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!