User Test Manager (6 months contract)
- Contract, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 20 Aug 17
User Test Manager (6 months contract)A Test Manager will be supporting all UAT related activities at the business unit. This role is responsible for the overall testing and quality strategy to be employed on the project. The Test Manager is responsible for devising and controlling the Test Plans which will be executed by the Testers. This involves working with the respective Project Leads and IT Test Centres in the creation of the Test Plan, Test Script, Test Cases, Test Data and preparation, organisation and execution of test cases for unit, integration, system and regression testing (and security testing if applicable). The Test Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Testers.
The Test Manager is responsible for
- Working with Project Lead and IT Test Centre in the preparation and approval of a UAT Test Plan as per requirements stated in Functional Specifications.
- Identifying the test scope, environment and stakeholders.
- Coordinating, briefing and training all testers across the Group.
- Preparing test cases, test scripts, test data.
- Managing the activities (assignment of test cases, access set up, testing of UAT URL etc.) of the Testing Team in the Group.
- Ensuring that testing is executed as per the Test Plan within the timeline.
- Managing, tracking and ensuring proper closure of defects detected during testing.
- Providing support to testers across the Group during test period.
- Preparing the Testing status reports and Testing dashboard as per test plan. Escalate to Project Leads if there is a need to raise change request.
- Clarifying testing gaps with the Project Lead
- Improve productivity by highlighting deficiencies and recommending change in tools, training, processes, reporting and employee engagement.
- Plan and manage the testing teams towards thorough and quality execution of testing activities and working with technical teams towards achieving completion by the given timeframe
- Bachelor degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent education and/or experience
- Total of not less than 3 years of working experience in management of application project implementation, application testing and test quality assurance.
- Hands-on experience in planning and managing testing activities(all types, inclusive of SIT, Regression, test review)
- Good understanding and experience in testing methodology, project management and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is necessary.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have keen interest in documentation and capable of generating standard testing deliverables especially for defect reporting
- Demonstrate good analytical and problem solving skills, as well as capable of making quick and sound decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills and good time management skills
- Proactively track issues & risks and take appropriate actions to overcome them
- Possess a strong sense of integrity
- Good team player and possess keen interest to learn and can work independently as well as be a good team player
- Must have initiatives and proactive in their assignments and follow-up.
- Must be committed to work beyond extended hours.
- Must be comfortable in conducting presentations and trainings.