KYC Assistant Manager
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. (BTMU), a member of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc (MUFG), is Japan’s premier bank, with a global network spanning more than 40 countries. Outside of Japan, BTMU offers an extensive scope of commercial and investment banking products and services to businesses, governments and individuals worldwide.
In the Asia and Oceania region, BTMU has presence in 13 key markets with 32 offices and closed to 4,500 employees serving largely corporate and institutional clients. Singapore has served as the regional headquarters for South Asia, South-east Asia and the Oceania region since July 2013. While the regional headquarters for the East Asia region remains in Japan.
BTMU’s parent MUFG is one of the world’s leading financial groups with total assets of JPY 258.1 trillion by the end of March 2014. MUFG’s services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
The Group’s operating companies include BTMU, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Japan’s leading trust bank), and Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd., one of Japan’s largest securities firms. MUFG’s shares are traded on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges respectively.
Advisory - KYC compliance assistant manager role with focus on regional advisory and risk assessment
- Identify, assess and monitor AML/CFT risks faced by the Bank’s operations in the region and advise senior management and compliance officers regarding those risks
- Provide advisory on AML/CFT to stakeholders at Singapore branch and in the region. Assist branches and subsidiaries in the region in revising and enhancing their AML/CFT policies, processes, procedures and systems
- Provide Quality Improvement Program approval for high risk KYC reviews at Singapore branch
- Perform AML/CFT risk assessment for the region, and on new and periodic risk assessment of products and services
- Monitor changes to laws and regulations; keep abreast of industry trends, best practice information and initiatives to share with stakeholders
- Identify training needs with respect to AML/KYC, design, develop and deliver such training to the Bank’s staff in Asia Pacific. Provide back-up to Team Lead of ACO-KYC as necessary
- Provide support, guidance and professional development to members of ACO-KYC.
- Other responsibilities relating to the function and management of ACO-KYC as instructed by Team Lead of ACO-KYC and Head of Financial Crime Risk Function from time to time
- Minimum 4 years experience in KYC / CDD
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking / Finance / equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively interact with cross functional teams and management
- Ability to multi-task and execute task with a sense of urgency and with ultimate goal of delivering tasks on time