Business Continuity Manager - Operational Risk Management
- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 16 Aug 17
Business Continuity Manager - Operational Risk ManagementJob Summary:
The Business Continuity Manager works with a team of Business Continuity Management (BCM) professionals in the management of the Group BCM program. The BCM Manager will work with various business units and subsidiaries in the Group to ensure the currency of business continuity planning, training, testing and attestation. The incumbent will also be a key member during incidents and crisis events, working closely with the Physical Security Management team in the formulation of appropriate responses, mitigation of impact arising from such contingencies and providing support to the Crisis Management Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the implementation, maintenance and enhancement of the Group BCM program;
- Provide internal consultative advisory services to business units on all BCM matters;
- Liaise with external parties, including the regulators, in ensuring the adequacy of recovery plans of key service providers when necessary;
- Coordinate and conduct business recovery exercises to validate the recovery strategies of business units on a regular basis;
- Manage and maintain recovery resources and equipment;
- Conduct trainings on all aspects of BCM to employees from different levels in the organisation;
- Work as part of the Corporate Security team to provide 24/7 on-call support when necessary; and
- Pro-actively identify areas of improvement for the BCM program and drive improvement plans.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a BCM or related role, preferably in a financial institution;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to maintain strong relationships within the team and with business partners;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Willingness to travel;
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills; and
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, Word).
- Good understanding of industrial BCM standards and relevant local regulatory requirements for the Group's operating locations;
- Demonstrable knowledge of banking operations and processes;
- BCM certification by a recognised BCM institution (i.e. BCI, DRI); and
- Experience with crisis/incident management.