Risk Process and Data Validation Analyst
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Aug 17
See job description for details
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley’s risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley’s capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
Risk Management works with the business units and control groups to help ensure Morgan Stanley has a transparent, consistent and comprehensive program for managing risk, both within each area and across the firm globally.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a dynamic and high performing Analyst to complement the firm-wide Risk Process Validation Group (RPVG).
Background on the Team
Risk Process Validation Group is an independent validation and verification function across the several areas of Firm Risk Management (FRM) – Credit Risk, Market Risk, Liquidity Risk and Operational Risk. The team is focused on assessing the integrity of processes within FRM as they support Basel regulatory risk-based capital calculations, the Allowance for Credit Losses for Credit Risk and Market Risk., regulatory requirements for Comprehensive Capital Analysis & Review (CCAR), the Advanced Measurement Approach (AMA) for Operational Risk and assessing ongoing compliance with the Global Operational Risk Management Policies. Validation activities include design (conceptual soundness) and operating effectiveness, including ongoing monitoring and outcomes analysis.
This opportunity includes working within a team of professionals to validate core FRM processes within FRM, specifically processes supporting capital production for Market Risk and Credit Risk, as well as for CCAR. The candidate should have strong familiarity with process design and assessment, the various Banking, Financial Holding Company and Basel regulations and the ability and desire to work within a moderate sized team.
- Perform independent validations of select FRM processes and controls, including interpretation of Basel relevant regulations and implementation thereof
- Support execution of governance, risk assessment, process review and validation, monitoring and reporting and technology strategy as it relates to results and MI reporting;
- Enable data validation execution through designing and execution of core data test/ reviewing and challenging of automated control/reporting logic
- Leverage testing observations to contribute to improving the team’s validation methodology and execution capabilities
- Interface with key stakeholders, governing bodies and business partners to discuss the status of the validation work, results of test work, and quarterly reporting
- Partner with Model Validation and Regulatory Reporting teams to support a unified validation program end-to-end
Skills desired (essential)
- Strong academic background, including an advanced degree or equivalent in a quantitative discipline.
- Experience with core banking, investment and trading products, regulations and typologies;
- Strong risk, process and control validation/testing and/or assessment skills. Prior role with consulting or internal audit experience is an advantage
- Strong technical understanding of the financial services regulatory environment, with a focus on Basel principles as it relates to Market, Credit and Operational risk capital requirements and practices;
- Strong communication, analytic, risk management, and program management skills;