Vice President, Attorney - Litigation
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 16 Aug 17
Vice President, Attorney - Litigation
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
The APAC Litigation and Contentious Regulatory Affairs Group is responsible for all litigation and disputes emanating out of the corporate, global markets and investment banking divisions across the APAC region, and for regulatory investigations and other contentious regulatory matters arising in region.
The Group's role is to provide first class, responsive legal advice to the corporate, global markets and investment banking businesses in respect of litigation, disputes and regulatory issues relating to those businesses' transactions, policies and procedures. This lawyer will closely supervise and work as a strategic partner with outside counsel and will have extensive reporting responsibilities with respect to pending litigation and regulatory matters and cost management.
- Interviewing witnesses and general fact finding
- Working closely with internal line of business lawyers, compliance, risk and HR to provide strategic legal advice
- Corresponding and liaising with regulatory bodies across region
- Monitoring the ongoing litigation and regulatory matters
- Seeking to make the best decisions possible on litigation strategy
- Liaising with external counsel and controlling legal spend
- Extensive relevant experience and product knowledge
- Candidates should have excellent academic credentials and extensive law firm and/or in-house experience in handling securities litigation and regulatory matters.
- Candidates should be creative, strategic thinkers with ability to influence and develop trusted relationships with clients and team members, must work well under pressure, be able to manage multiple tasks and to operate in a multi-jurisdictional environment.
- Management experience of running multiple-person teams on matters.
- 4-5 years post qualification experience
- Prior experience of working in or with Financial Services institutions, particularly within global markets or banking
- Prior experience of interacting with UK regulatory bodies
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Posting Date: 14/07/2017
Location: HK--Hong Kong
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40