Compliance - Regulatory Management Group - Vice President
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 24 Aug 17
Compliance - Regulatory Management Group - Vice President
At Deutsche Bank, good compliance is everybody's responsibility. The Compliance department's core functions support good compliance practice to prevent and detect violations of all applicable laws, rules and principles that observe high standards of individual behaviour and business conduct.
Working closely with the business, compliance professionals ensure that our risk based programme is both globally effective and locally anchored to our key divisional businesses. As an independent and robust second level control function, the Compliance Department seeks to manage compliance risk and deepen the culture of compliance at Deutsche Bank through the development and management of strategies that are sustainable and increases the trust of our clients.
The APAC Regulatory Management Group function (APAC RMG) supports and enhances DB's relationships with regulators in the region, focusing on strategic engagement, coordination of group-wide matters, increasing transparency and appropriate escalation, with particular focus on HKMA (Hong Kong Monetary Authority), SFC (Securities and Futures Commission) and MAS. APAC RMG does not manage day-to-day regulatory interactions.
APAC RMG is part of the Global Regulatory Management Group APAC RMG works closely with colleagues in Compliance and Regional Management, amongst other stakeholders, as well as with the Central Office within RMG and regulatory management teams in Germany, the US and UK.
This role will provide central support within APAC RMG as the group further develops the framework for regulatory management within the region, reflecting increased internal and regulatory expectations. May act as the alternate to the Regional Head of APAC RMG in certain situations and lead on designated group-level matters.
- Supporting and enhancing provision of meaningful MI to Management Board, Regional Management, and Compliance on regulatory interactions. Identify trends and changing expectations of APAC regulators working with those managing local relationships.
- Key role in embedding RMG global policies and KOPs across region – development of materials and communications plans, working in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Supporting roll-out of consistent approach to tracking regulatory interaction (using GFMS), including awareness-raising and addressing queries as needed, as well as global policies relevant to regulatory management
- Preparing briefings to support Deutsche Bank Management and Supervisory Board engagement with regulators in APAC, ensuring sufficient background and understanding of regulatory trends, issues and remediation as appropriate.
- Contributing APAC perspective to RMG-wide projects, processes and reviews, to make sure that proposals are practical and workable.
- Work closely with Compliance, Legal and other parts of RMG on issues-management, so that regulators are provided with relevant and consistent information in a timely and coordinated fashion. Provide feedback and challenge as needed.
- Deputizing as necessary for Head of APAC RMG
No direct people management. However, you are expected to demonstrate leadership skills and collaboration to support RMG's objectives and strategy, including provision of high quality feedback and coaching of others as appropriate, promoting DB's values and contributing to the achievement of a high performance culture.
Skills & Qualifications:
You will have:
- Demonstrate sound judgements regarding regulatory issues, based on strong knowledge and understanding of the key objectives, concerns, and trends of host regulators. Desirable to have direct experience of engagement with regulators or have provided support to those who do. Able to critically assess information and identify what is important to regulators and what they need.
- Able to strike balance between being accountable and escalation.
- Have excellent relationship management skills which can be applied in the context of a range of stakeholders, including Deutsche Bank (or equivalent) senior management and with external parties. Must be able to build trust, credibility and sustained relationships across the bank while handling conflict and pressure and dealing with sensitive tasks/issues.
- Experience of working in APAC region and with others across other locations a strong advantage.
- Maturity and be a self-starter with the ability to take the initiative and direct others, while maintaining positive working relationships. Enthusiastic team player who is able to collaborate effectively to get things done.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) which can be applied in a range of contexts and with different stakeholders. Ability to understand and express complex ideas and arguments clearly and effectively, supplemented with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience gained in managing and organising operational activities and coordinating across divisions. Have strong coordination, delivery and analytical skills, in conjunction with attention to detail.
- Be capable of prioritising and managing multiple projects in parallel under short time constraints with the ability to rapidly adapt as issues dynamically arise/develop. Able to strike balance between being accountable and escalation.
You will be
- Educated to degree level
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.