Sr.Associate/Manager/Senior Manager - Credit Risk - CMAAS_BJ
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Zhong Tian LLP
- 21 Aug 17
PwC's Assurance professionals ask questions, test assumptions, and evaluate whether companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. We combine deep technical skills and sector experience to help our clients address the challenges of a rapidly changing environment and strengthen their businesses.
We inspire a movement of trust that creates lasting confidence in business and beyond. In addition to our core financial audit services, we provide Assurance services in areas where trust is needed most – such as Food Supply and Integrity Services, and Engineering Cost Assurance. We go beyond the obvious and develop real understanding and insight into a client’s markets, technology, people and management, and ultimately help to build greater trust in society.
This is a unique opportunity to support some of the fastest growing banks in the region, and globally, in the development and application of the next generation of credit models to be used in financial reporting and business management.
IFRS9 is the new financial reporting standard driving the next generation of credit forecasting models, which is behind the redevelopment in the approach to credit modelling, with PwC being the leading firm in the region supporting banks in the transition to IFRS9.
We are looking for a manager with the proven technical skills in credit modelling and financial reporting, either from industry or consultancy, who wants the challenge of leading teams supporting our clients in the application of best in class credit modelling and reporting techniques.
This is a unique opportunity to not only expand your knowledge of the local market, but also lets you be a key representative in our global PwC network. #LI-FIR
As a Manager in our group, you will work with clients and audit teams to build awareness of the new IFRS9 credit modelling and reporting requirements, providing observations on the approaches seen in the market and the acceptability thereof.
Your role will also include managing teams to perform detailed review and testing of our audit clients’ IFRS 9 models, and leading consulting engagements with non-audit clients to assist with development or validation of IFRS 9 models.
What we are looking for
• 5+ years’ experience in a financial services institution
• Experience in modelling and validation of forward looking expected credit loss models
• Experience in Credit Risk Governance and Credit Policy
• Demonstrated extensive abilities or a proven record of success with supporting efforts related to advising clients or Senior Management in the following areas of credit risk management:
◦ Credit risk analytics, workflow and reporting dashboards;
◦ Basel III regulatory capital modelling;
◦ Stress Testing and Capital Planning fundamentals;
◦ Economic capital and loan pricing fundamentals;
◦ Use and application of credit risk management software, including application of vendor tools
◦ Credit origination, servicing and review/approval processes
◦ Capital markets and counterparty risk management
◦ Other risk management disciplines involving market and operational risks
◦ Cash and derivative financial instruments including credit derivatives
• Sound understanding of emerging industry trends, regulatory environment and financial institution responses
• Thorough ability to support the analysis of current state, the development of the target state and the presentation of alternatives and recommendations to Senior Management
• Project management skills, including but not limited to: meeting facilitation, coordination of client and internal project staffs and teams, deliverable production and quality review, and strict adherence to timelines and deadlines
• Experience in managing people / teams
• Ability to manipulate and handle large datasets, including experience with programming (e.g. SAS, R, SQL, Python, Matlab, C++ etc.)
• Willingness to travel (up to 50%)
• The following experience, expertise and skills are an asset
◦ Bachelor degree and/or professional accreditation
◦ Experience with modelling concepts under IFRS 9 (strongly preferred)
◦ Bilingual in Mandarin and English
◦ Consulting skills within a professional services and general risk management environment