Managing Director – Asset Management
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- AHIP Management Ltd
- 10 Aug 17
Reporting to the President, the Managing Director – Asset Management is responsible for overseeing the management of the hotel assets of a publicly-traded real estate investment trust investing primarily in premium branded, select-service hotels.
- Review and provide input to each hotel's capital expenditure and Property Improvement.
- Plan projects. Partner with the hotel manager's Design and Construction group to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Provide support for special projects such as acquisitions, dispositions, recapitalizations and expansions.
- Develop constructive working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Maintain regular communication with brand representatives and property contacts, including monthly review of financial performance, service performance, ongoing asset protection, brand compliance, accounts receivable, etc.
- Expert knowledge of the lodging/hospitality industry.
- Thorough understanding of the sales and yield strategies processes within the high end/luxury lodging industry.
- Demonstrated experience in solving business development and financial problems within the high end/luxury lodging industry.
- Ability to analyze financial data and projections.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Positive innovative approach to problem solving
- Experience with hotel accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple complex projects
- Flexibility to provide assistance as required
Education – Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Hotel Administration or Finance from a reputable University
Experience – Must provide proof of the following professional experience:
- Minimum of 3 Years experience in Hotel Operations with an internationally recognized high end/luxury property brand;
- Minimum 5 years experience providing market analysis of US hotel properties for an international Luxury/high end hotel chain
- Minimum 5 years select service hotel and real estate research and providing underwriting analysis with a hotel/real estate specific investment fund
- In depth underwriting experience for a select service upper mid market Northeast US hotel portfolio.
- Salary Range from $175,000 to $225,000 annually.
- Executive Incentive Program – Unit Purchase Matching program, Short Term Incentive Plan; Long Term Incentive Plan;
- Benefits Plan – Medical Plan (Dental, Vision, Extended Healthcare, Prescribed Drug Plan; MSP Premiums); Payment of all reasonable employment-related expenses, including reasonable cell phone charges and out of pocket expenses; and Payment of annual professional accounting dues, memberships and related professional development course expenses if necessary
- Paid Vacation – 2 Weeks
- Permanent full time work. 40 Hrs/week. No overtime available as position is management level.
- Location of work – Suite 800, 925 West Georgia Street, Vancouver BC V6B 3L2
- Position requires extensive international travel.
- Department - Asset Management.
- Language required for work - English
Please send resume and cover letter detailing required experiences above to
MD-AM@ahipreit.com. Only applicants who meet all required qualifications will be contacted for an interview.