- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 19 Aug 17
Manager/Senior Manager, Credit - Business Banking
Manager/Senior Manager, Credit - Business BankingManager/Senior Manager, Credit - Business Banking
An opportunity exists for an experienced credit manager to join the Risk Management Group in Sydney. This role is aligned to the Business Banking Division and represents an excellent opportunity for a candidate to build on an already successful career in the banking and finance industry. As a Credit manager you will have the opportunity to work closely with a team of senior credit signatories and senior business stakeholders structuring and approving transactions. In addition to working on transactions opportunities will exist to develop new products and projects and implement new risk management frameworks across lending portfolios.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Approve new and existing loans for SME, Corporate and Middle Market clients,
- Work with business stakeholders to deliver commercial outcomes and efficient turnarounds,
- Monitor emerging trends and risks across the market and portfolio,
- Manage project, policy and compliance work that adds value, and
- Positively influence the culture of the Bank.
The successful applicant will:
- Have demonstrated experience in a risk management role with a strong capacity to understand risk, interpret financial statements and negotiate commercial outcomes.
- Have strong resilience and the ability to defend their view when challenged.
- Be a 'self-starter' with a growth mindset and desire to learn.
- Show a history of building strong positive working relationships with key stakeholders across multiple teams and levels of an organisation.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have experience in the management, mentoring or development of a risk team.
- Be flexible and able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Possess an inquisitive mind and a passion for current affairs.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified (commerce, accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, engineering or similar).
- Diverse experience across risk management functions with a depth of knowledge around cash flow analysis and lending.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers . If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Shien Wu on Shien.Wu@Macquarie.com .
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for assessing and monitoring risks across Macquarie. This includes market and liquidity risk, credit risk, compliance risk and operational risk. RMG personnel liaise closely with all operating areas to ensure risks are understood and properly managed.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 25 Jul 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time