Director - Technology in the Education Sector
See job description for details• Join our growing national Technology Advisory practice
• We provide an agile work environment and a career that flexes to your lifestyle
• Sydney location
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG's Technology Advisory group can show organisations how to better align their technology capabilities with their strategic and operational objectives. We focus on how to maximise the value of the technology investment.
Your new role
• Help KPMG win and deliver projects to educational institutions, particularly tertiary institutions;
• Add to our capacity to implement or enable back office (HR/Finance/Procurement) and front office (student) systems;
• Contribute to KPMG's strategy for developing this area of our business;
• Provide thought-leadership internally and externally around frontier technologies that will affect Education (e.g Edutech, Smart Campus)
You bring to the role
• Be a current or recent senior member of a university CIO or CTO's team;
• Have a strong background in enterprise architecture in a tertiary institution;
• Be familiar with the emerging opportunities in cloud technology;
• Have a strong appreciation of the culture and structure of academic institutions;
• Be capable of communicating effectively with senior academic and professional administrators.
Location: The successful candidate will be expected to travel nationally. It is intended that you will be based in Sydney but there are alternative possibilities for the right candidate.
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 07 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 08 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time